Monday, April 21, 2008

New Surfboard

woohoo! I just found a surfboard in the trash the other day. I was walking around my lovely neighborhood at twilight and I saw some Chinese neighbors doing yard work. I said hi and looked around and saw a surfboard in their garbage can. I asked them about it and they said that it was a former tenant's and that I could have it. It turned out that they were from Shanghai, one of the coolest places I've had the pleasure to briefly live at. So I took it and found another neighbor watering his yard and he sprayed it off for me. It's was a bit cruddy. I took it back home and fixed some dings with epoxy. It will take some more work still. I have to get a leash, and Reid Swanson recommended me to get a wax comb to get rid of some of the dirty wax (actually, I ran into Reid, my surf mentor and former co-worker the day before on campus and he didn't have the old surfboard that I used to borrow anymore, so it was a pretty cool coincidence). I'll also have to re-learn surfing and get used to a short board. the board says "sueƱo" on it (Spanish for dream/sleep). I guess it was a dream come true.

No comments: